The Hotel Association of New York City is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability’s NYC Retrofit Accelerator program that will connect member hotels to free, cost-saving sustainability resources that reduce electricity consumption and contribute to a cleaner, more energy efficient city.
Why Should Hotel Owners Make Sustainability Upgrades Now?
- One-on-one, customized guidance to identify high-impact opportunities;
- Building system and utility usage analysis;
- Connections to incentives and financing to reduce the upfront cost of upgrades;
- Introductions to qualified contractors to install upgrades; and
- Ongoing support through every step of the retrofit process.
In addition to reaping financial and environmental benefits associated with sustainability upgrades, participants in the NYC Retrofit Accelerator program have the opportunity to be recognized as leaders in the sustainability space. Hotels can also deepen their commitment to sustainability by participating in the NYC Carbon Challenge, a voluntary leadership program for private, institutional, and non-profit entities who have committed to reducing their greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent or more over ten years.
Highlights from the new partnership include:
- Beginning immediately, member hotels will be provided with new opportunities to learn more about the NYC Retrofit Accelerator program, which serves as a one-stop free resource to reduce operating costs, increase asset value, and improve occupant comfort.
- Hotels that take steps to implement sustainability measures are encouraged to join the NYC Carbon Challenge for Hotels by voluntarily pledging to reduce their carbon emissions by 30 percent over ten years.
- HANYC has redesigned its Sustainable Hospitality website to serve as an end-to-end resource for everything sustainability.
- HANYC will create a sustainability platform for members to network and exchange ideas and best management practices including quarterly thought leadership events.
- Participating member hotels will be recognized as part of the HANYC Earth Day Annual Sustainability Awards.